Writing & Community
Writing & Community is a holistic and unique writing programme that serves the community while at the same time; harness the talents and creativity in the community. Writing & Community is one of the many strands of TheatreWorks Engagement work.
Writing & Community:
- Is a process-based writing programme designed for the community
- Seeks out potential playwrights from within the community through the annual 24-Hour Playwriting Competition
- Invites theatre professionals to work on the winning scripts from the competition and develop scripts into full productions
- Provides pre-competition workshops / talks to harness potential creativity from the community
- Nurtures and develops Winning Playwrights
- Returns the productions to the community by way of the annual Performance Tour with free performances at six venues in the community, primarily of the South East District
- Enables the plays become catalyst for the community to reflect and discuss important issues related to living in Singapore
Here are our recent and upcoming programmes of Writing & Community. Click the links to find out more!
- Performance Tour of THREE INCHES OF ALIVE
- Writing From The Heart to the South East District: a series of interactive and hands-on playwriting workshop by Tony Perez
- 24-Hour Playwriting Competition 2015 from 6 - 7 June 2015 at the Institute of Mental Health
Visit http://writingandcommunity2015.wordpress.com for more information
Writing & Community programmes in 2014:
- Performance Tour of MARCO POLO
- Writing From The Heart: an interactive playwriting workshop by Tony Perez
- Serunding returns from 6 – 8 June at the Malay Heritage Centre!
- 24-Hour Playwriting Competition 2014 from 21 – 22 June 2014 at the Malay Heritage Centre.
- Writing From The Heart (Dec 2014): an interactive playwriting workshop by Tony Perez
Visit http://writingandcommunity2014.wordpress.com for more information
Engagement Programme Sponsors
|Kuo Pao Kun